with the weather warming up we’ve been experimenting with chilled snack ideas and wanted to share our favorite so far, PB&J pops! these push pops are a healthy mix of complex carbohydrates and protein, simple to make, and the perfect bite between lunch and dinner time. Mmmm.
Peanut butter and jelly pops (*gluten free)
- 1 cup favorite peanut butter
- 2 cups greek honey yogurt (our fave brand is zoi)
- favorite fruit preserves
- dixie cups + popsicle sticks, or push-pop molds
- food processor or blender
- In a food processor, mix peanut butter and Greek yogurt together. Spray dixie cups or push-pops lightly with cooking spray, fill the first third with yogurt mixture, add a small layer of preserves of choice and another small layer of yogurt mix, repeat until cups are filled. Put in the freezer.
- If using dixie cups – When mixture is starting to freeze or become hard (after 30 minutes or so) insert popsicle sticks.
- After a couple of hours, these pops should be ready to eat.
three cheers for warmer weather!