i used to daydream about what a cool mom i would be. late bedtimes, unlimited tv + video games, a pantry full of junk foods, a freezer stocked with frozen dinners, and (for the love of all things cool) my child would definitely be allowed to watch beverly hills 90210.
i would be epic, for sure.
and then we all know what happened…. i became a mom. and being cool took a backseat to other things. and i learned (quickly) that me children became crazy people when they overly indulge in watching or eating junk. a little = good, a lot = get me outta here.
to test my theory, espen and i invited stacy and her oldest, tavin (who is funny and sweet, and really such a stud) over to try our new snack recipe.
the boys had fun (as you’ll see below) and scarfed it down. (point for cool mom!)
the nut butter in the fondue is full of cancer fighting, brain powering, heart loving, muscle building, and all around good for you, nutrients. plus the fresh fruit dippers. (point for good mom!)
AND it only took 10 minutes to warm up the fondue and slice the fruit. (point for busy mom…!)
I N G R E D I E N T S :
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate almond butter (we used justin’s, but an alternative like nutella works too)
- sliced fruit and/or snacks (like pretzels) for dippers
- toothpicks or skewers for fonduing!
D I R E C T I O N S :
- prep dippers.
- then in a small saucepan, warm nut butter and cream over med-low heat, stirring continuously until heated through.
- transfer to a bowl, make sure it’s not too hot and serve! (you could also warm the nut butter and cream in the microwave)
oh, and i forget to mention that the chocolate nut butter has less than half the sugar of chocolate chips. happy snacking!
xo . rae