A couple weeks ago, Johan and I stayed a few blocks away from Pike Place at the Palladian hotel for an overnight date and had the best time. We kept things very low-key and tried a new restaurant, shopped at the market, dressed like grownups, drank coffee while it was still hot, talked about the kids, and laid in bed watching the today show just because we could. It was the perfect little break before the holiday rush and truly just what we needed to end an insanely busy month.
(Thanks to my dad for managing the kids and chaos while we were away!)
Getting a little dressed up for our date got me thinking about what to wear over the holidays, starting with Thanksgiving which is NEXT WEEK! (WHATTTT???!) So thought I’d share one of the pieces that will be my go-to over the next month or so — my silk slip skirt that I also wish I had as a slip dress and is sooooo easy to dress up or down and mix and match. As far as formal wear goes, it doesn’t get any better than that!
Linked to my skirt below along with a few other options that I also wish were in my closet and then shared a few ideas for mixing and matching too!
SLIP DRESSES + SKIRTS:
- wearing this leopard silk skirt and it comes in 7 other solid colors
- dying to get my hands on this dress but wish it came in a few other colors.
- if you don’t mind showing a little leg
- a cute, classic and affordable slip dress from anthropologie!
- the pretty green slip dress of my dreams and it’s on sale.
- this one’s so cute in leopard.
HOW TO WEAR IT:
- pair or layer with a fitted top, tee or turtleneck (my personal fave)
- graphic tees, oversized sweatshirts, sherpa pullover or a parka (layered over denim or a knit) adds a casual touch to a silky skirt for a less formal kinda day.
- think texture! a chunky knit sweater with silk is the perfect mix.
- with just about any kind of shoe… for reals.
- by balancing the silk with a leather jacket or something men’s wear inspired like a blazer or topcoat.
The color of this building with the forrest green trim made me happy.
Thank you for our date night Johan!!! There is no one in this world I would rather do this life with…
He’s a hands-on-dad, a firefighter, special ops (which basically means he can rescue people from any sketchy situation), doesn’t mind helping out in the kitchen, takes amazing pictures, is diehard about the things he loves, and is a total babe.
Plus he plays along with just about anything I ask and thinks I’m funny.
I’m a lucky girl.
My silky skirt was surprisingly comfy and warm enough while walking around town and has a hidden zipper that would be easy to adjust for turkey dinner, lol. Just need to be sure and bring an oversized sweater to throw on over the top!
Do you guys usually dress up or down for Holiday dinners and events? Would you like a few more outfit ideas!? Let me know in the comments!