since childhood i’ve spent countless weekends and summers at my parents cabin in the mountains. it also happens to be F U L L of woodsy details and animal decor. so when antlers hit the design world a few years ago they felt familiar and nostalgic and like everyone else i fell in love.
unfortunately, stumbling upon the perfect pair to decorate with can be tricky, so here is a pair you can DIY!
perfectly charming for valentines day, but oh so fitting for springtime too! (tutorial below)
SUPPLIES to make the cupcake liner flowers: 6 to 10 regular size cupcake liners, 8 to 12 mini cupcake liners, and a glue gun.
1. for each flower, lay one liner out on your work surface. then fold each cupcake liner in half 3 times (see picture). after the third time, you’ll have a point at the bottom…. fold it up so you have a little flap.
2. once all of your liners are folded, squirt some hot glue into the bottom of the main liner. working quickly, add the folded liners by laying the flap in the glue (oh my word, i hope this makes sense…. thank God for pictures!). continue until your flower is full!
3. repeat steps one and two for all your flowers! (we did 3)
SUPPLIES for the antlers: template (click the image to download), big piece of cardboard, box cutters or any other kind of sharp blade/scissors, paint or glue and glitter (optional) to embellish, hot glue or craft glue.
1. trace template onto cardboard and cut out.
2. paint or glitter or embellish how you like (we painted the plaque and left the antlers ah natural). let dry if needed.
3. hot glue the antlers to the plaque and the cupcake liner flowers to the antlers.
holy smokes how i hope you enjoy this project as much as i enjoy sharing it with you!
please let us know where you would/will be hanging your antlers, in the comments below!
after Vday i’m pretty sure it will hang on our front door…. maybe with a little banner between the antlers. we’ll see.
xo . rae
Want to receive goodies like this in your inbox? Sign up below…. (it’s free).