Take us to the weekend! Or better yet, take us on a road trip over the weekend!!!!
Summer is the best time of year in Seattle so it’s not often that we go more than a few hours away. While it’s easier to pack a bag for a weekend road trip, it can be a tricky to find something to wear that’s comfy enough for a car ride, functional enough for walking and exploring and cute enough for eating out and having fun.
An easy breezy dress paired with sneakers seems like the perfect solution so pulled together some inspiration for ya.
I’M WEARING | pink dress (only $38), white sneakers, jean jacket (has a classic fit), woven bag to hold all the road trip treasures (mine sold out but I love this one and topshop, urban outfitters and shopbop all have a great selection!)
More links and ideas below!
- black slip dress from everlane with a fitted tee (only $16!) and these kicks from madewell
- red striped shirt dress from zara with these baby pink shoes
- just bought this dress from j.crew (on sale!) and wish I had these shoes (on sale) to go with it
- eyelet dress dreams come true with these red sneakers
- in love with this smocked dress by free people… cute with these platform sneakers.
- A simple t-shirt dress with playful shoes here, here or here or classic high tops, would be easy and effortless!
- Last but not least, I sorta-kinda want to try the chunky (aka ugly) sneaker trend and while I’m not exactly sure it’s possible to pull off anywhere but the streets of NY, it would still be fun… maybe a classic denim shift dress paired with these sneakers would work? Ha! I just picture myself making dinner in the kitchen and my kids asking why I’m wearing those shoes.
Anyways, you guys know I can’t resist a new trend for very long, especially when it’s functional so it’s only a matter of time before I own a pair of ugly sneakers. However, I’ll probably pair them with a denim skirt and a tee or button up instead of a fancy dress…. Def have a thing for these yellow ones, these white ones and these multi colored ones. They make me want to sign up for an aerobics class!
A few questions for you before you go…
- What new-ish trend have you been wanting to try!?
- What’s your go-to outfit for road trips or day trips?
- Where you are road tripping to this summer!?
We’ve been talking about doing a lot of island hopping in the San Juans which would be more of a series of day trips, but still lots of driving, walking and exploring. Can’t wait!