I’ve taken the plunge in to the world of capsule wardrobes and (excuse the cliche) couldn’t be more excited. At least half of me. The other half is shaking in my cute strappy sandals because even though I’ve done my research and know what I’m getting into I tend to be more of a go with the flow kinda chick and all the “rules” make me nervous… Regardless, I’m looking forward to the process and making it my own while keeping things simple!
(UPDATE) I still would love to add a cute summer dress and strappy sandals with a heel or wedge, but here is what I have so far. Some of these items I did purchase new and others are rolled over from previous seasons so I’ve found something similar to picture and link to.
Here is a peek at my summer capsule (so far) and it’s nursing friendly too!
- PALM TANK (on sale)
- WHITE LINEN TEE (on sale)
- ENDLESS SHIRT (on sale) // SIMILAR in white or stripe (on sale)
- CROSS-BACK CROP TANK (covers midsection, on sale)
- CHAMBRAY TULIP-BACK TANK // similar in grey or medium wash
- FUCHSIA LINEN TANK
- AZTEC TUNIC
- HEATHERED GREY COTTON TANK (on sale)
- EYELET-HEM STITCHED PEASANT TOP (on sale)
- DENIM BOYSHORTS (on sale, size down one)
- FLEA MARKET FLARES (get $20 off in store)
- PULL-ON SHORTS
- SLIM BOYJEAN (on major sale and I absolutely love them, but size down one)
- CHAMBRAY ROMPER (on sale)
- BLACK ROMPER
- TIE-DYE JOGGERS (on sale)
- ARMY GREEN JUMPSUIT
- PLEATED MIDI SKIRT (on sale)
- KIMONO JACKET IN ARROWHEAD (on sale)
- MEDIUM WASH JEAN JACKET
- LIGHT WASH DENIM VEST (on sale and a staple in my closet every season for the last 2 years and during my last pregnancy)
- GREY BOMBER
- BASEBALL HAT
- STRAW MESA HAT
- DENIM BOYSHORTS (on sale)
- TOPSHOP CUTOUT LACE-UP GLADIATOR SANDAL
- HUARACHE SANDALS
- ESPADRILLE WEDGES (on sale)
- BIRKENSTOCK ARIZONA
- LINEN TEE IN RUGBY STRIPE (on sale)
- STRIPE TEE
- GREY SKINNIES
- MESH SWEATER (on sale)
- STILL LOOKING FOR THESE!
- SLUB CREW SWEATER
- AND THIS TOO!
Holy linkage! And sales. Hopefully you found some inspiration or something fun to order!
What would you add to this capsule? Anything you see that’s missing?
Next week I’ll share the final capsule, chat about my approach AND a few new resources I stumbled upon during the process. I also hope to be done with all the kids’ capsules by the end of the week and share that too!
XO . Rae