you know how you get an idea in your head and it seems simple enough, like there’s nothing to it but it never seems to come together like you imagined? well, welcome to this post! :) i’ve been wanting to do a “what i wore”, mom+ mini edition for awhile and even ordered giant balloons to make it fun, but never seemed to remember to take pictures consistently in the morning. luckily stacy came to the rescue and we did some quick outfit changes (pulling things from the dirty clothes, ha!) while she snapped pictures, but tilly lost interest after the third change so four days is all i have for ya. hopefully it’s enough to share some real life mom uniform inspiration.
before i begin i would like to say that i believe clothes in general are of little consequence. they serve a purpose and are fun and creative, but where, when and how much money is spent buying them isn’t important. i will say however that when i get out of my jammies and into a cute-ish outfit or workout clothes i feel more ready to carpe diem. you know? i can run to target (for the 3rd time), handle a 3 year olds public meltdown, host a spontaneous pizza dinner party, answer emails, etc. and then flirt with my husband at the end of the day. the funny thing is that i’m not sure if it’s the clothes or the fact that i spent a few extra minutes on myself that makes the difference, but i have a feeling it’s a combo of the two.
with that said, here is a peek into my week and outfits as a real, practical, un-fancy, work-from-home, mom of 5 and tilly’s personal style (which has recently mellowed out) and week of school, playdates and craft time.
SUNDAY – we went to church, watched football and played with friends in the neighborhood. i also started some valentine’s day designs that i’ll share soon (maybe tomorrow!).
- me: similar sweater, dress (wore this dress my entire pregnancy too. worth every penny), similar boots
- tilly: cardi (equally cute and cozy option), dress, shoes
MONDAY – school (P.E. day) for tilly, work for me and a rare (these days) trip to the gym. i’m a corssfitter (the non-intense kind) and very occasional runner.
- me: beanie (i heart beanie season and wear this a couple times a week and most mornings to the bus stop), hoodie, similar jacket (borrowed from my 14yo), leggings (also a pregnancy favorite), shoes from the nike outlet
- tilly: similar sweater, similar skirt, leggings, hightops
WEDNESDAY – school for the kids, preschool carpool, work and laundry catch up for me and then we had friends over for dinner. somewhere in between there i eked out a short run. thank goodness for dry shampoo!
- me: sweater, similar top, similar jeans, booties (the only heels i wear these days and they are on sale for $60 and 40% off!!!)
- tilly: similar-ish top, tee, similar skirt, tights
FRIDAY – always in love with friday! this particular friday was a pretty laid-back family movie night and takeout since saturday was going to be lots of sports and running around.
- me: similar-ish sweater, similar top (40% off), similar joggers, flats
- tilly: similar sweatshirt, similar dress, boots
there you go! a few outfit ideas to seize the day in!
what have you been wearing lately?
xo . rae
(pictures by stacy jacobsen)
PS – if you are interested in seeing the beginning of my front entry refresh, head to my friend emily’s site (sign up for her emails too because i know you’ll love her)!!! she is sharing some fun decor options and we want to know your thoughts!