Poppy’s mantra — feed me and tell me I’m pretty. So it’s no surprise she’s 100% smitten with Espen in this pic, who just finished making guacamole for them to snack on. And I kinda think she’s onto something because there is nothing cuter than a guy (big or small) that knows his way around the kitchen! Allllll the kisses for the cook!
Todays recipe is courtesy of our Latina friend Maria (who we love so much!). It’s the best guac I’ve ever tasted and is perfect for little helpers! Espen (11) and Tilly (9) are able to make it themselves (with supervision) which is kinda nice and fun to watch. And the younger kids enjoy smashing the avocados, adding things to the food processor and pushing the buttons. So you’re basically just there to make sure the lid get’s put on before any buttons are pushed :)
Gotta love a bikini clad audience! Ha! She changes outfits a few times a day when we’re home and there is often either a swimsuit or a princess dress involved. (Gingham bikini from our fave Olivia + Ocean)
NOTE: If you like your guac smooth, add everything to the food processor and chop (don’t puree). If you like it with more texture, mash the avos by hand.
MARIA’S GUACAMOLE RECIPE
- 2 avocados, halved with pits removed
- 1/4 onion
- 3 roma tomatoes, rinsed and cut in half (seeds removed if desired)
- 1 bunch of cilantro, rinsed and non-leafy stems removed
- fresh juice from 1 lemon (or more to taste)
- salt to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- ADULT, Prep ingredients and spoon small amounts of the salt and garlic salt into small prep bowls. Get the food processor ready.
- KIDS, In a small mixing bowl, scoop avocados out of the skins and mash with the bottom of a glass or a fork. Set aside.
- KIDS (supervised), Add onion, tomatoes, and cilantro to food processor and chop. Scoop chopped tomato mix to the mashed avocado and stir until combined. Squeeze juice from the lemon into the mixing bowl and sprinkle with salt and garlic salt. Taste test and add more if needed.
- KIDS, serve with quesadillas, tortilla chips or nachos OR as a topping for tacos, sandwiches, toast, burrito bowls, etc.
We’re ready for ya, Taco Tuesday!!!!
I have a feeling we’ll be making a lot of this next week on vacay!
What’s your favorite thing to eat (or drink) on taco night?