birthday parties seem to be an every other weekend occurrence around here and while often times we head to menchies or target for a last minute present or gift card, the kids and i love putting together a little gift set (or in this case a tote!) for their friends.
bonus if that gift also includes something handmade. for a long time the build a fort kit was our go-to but lately we’ve been including this really adorable wood handled jumprope that would be a perfect addition to easter baskets too… (keep reading for instructions, gift ideas and free printable bday tags!)
to make the jumprope you’ll need:
- 1-inch thick dowel, cut to approx. 4-1/2 inch pieces
- rope, 1/4-inch wide
- paint in various colors + brushes
- drill with 1/4-inch drill bit and 5/8-inch bevel (optional)
- after dowel is cut to approximately 4-1/2 inch handles, drill a hole through them.
- if desired (to hide the knotted rope), bevel out one end of the handle about 1/4-inch deep.
- cut rope to desired length (tip: you can always make it shorter) and burn the end so they don’t fray. twist rope through drilled hole in the handle and tie off on the beveled end.
- paint, stain or leave handles as is.
- make extras for all the little people in your life… you can even have them paint their own!
click to download (above) and then keep reading for fun kid friendly knick-knacks to fill your gift drawer with… if you have one of those. i need to start one ASAP!
totes cute, right? what do you usually wrap up for birthday boys and girls?
xo . rae