It’s no secret, motherhood can feel like a circus sometimes. Errr, a lot of the times ;). After reading the actual definition of a circus I’m more convinced than ever that it’s a pretty good metaphor. With Mother’s Day approaching and summer sneaking up on us, I’ve rounded up a few things to help make the days of juggling, managing, and accompanying your traveling group of acrobats, animals, clowns and performers, extra fun and festive!
- Saw flags like this at the kid party in the movie Mother’s Day and it looked so fun and festive! Plus they don’t cost much.
- Clown noses, just for fun.
- Circus food? Yes, please! I have this popcorn maker (not super efficient but the kids love it!), this snow cone maker (or this one) got great reviews, and who doesn’t want a little cotton candy sometimes?
- Love this dress.
- Just ordered this top on major sale.
- Animal cracker fudge seems like a good reason to spend time together in the kitchen. Don’t forget to share with friends!
- Cute sandals for when you take the circus on the road.
- Popcorn bags might come in handy for snack time.
- We’ve been trying to figure out a rewards/chores system for the kids this summer. Fair tickets might be just the thing! I like these star ones too.
- Wide stripes for the boys! Here’s one that’s on sale for your main squeeze too :)
- A diffusor (and some music) is the best way to set the vibe for your circus… add 4 drops grapefruit, 3 drops ylang-ylang, and 2 drops vanilla essential oils for a cotton candy blend. Unlike the sugary version you eat, the oils have health bennies that fight depression, help you destress and curb food cravings.
- Tilly and her friend have been having fun with face paint lately!
- A megaphone for those days when your inside voice isn’t doing the job and you don’t want to yell :)
cir·cus (noun): 1. a traveling company of acrobats, trained animals, and clowns that gives performances, typically in a large tent, in a series of different places.
See what I mean, LOL?