HOORAY, we made it to the end of Jan-u-ar(a)y! LOL. Did it feel as long to you as it did to me? I guess it doesn’t really stand a chance to the few months and holidays that come before it, huh? However, it does feel good to have the first month of the year under my belt… and seeing as how we ate and netflixed our way through January, I mean that literally too. Is a “cheat month” a thing? (Asking for a friend :)
Anywho, I’ve rounded up a few recipes I’ve tried and loved or want to try in February. Half of them either look delicious or would be perfect for Valentine’s Day (can you say fondue, pasta and tomato bisque with grilled cheese, please!?) while the other half are gluten free and paleo. It’s all about balance, right?
13 DINNERS TO MAKE IN FEBRUARY
- sweet potato, arugula and quinoa salad (serve baked sweet or regular potatoes for the non-salad eating kids!)
- shrimp and broccoli stir fry
- melting pot cheese fondue and a list of dippers to go with it
- toast for dinner!
MAKE AHEAD OR BAKED
- easy shredded harrisa chicken with rice, cucumbers and Tzatziki dip
- slow cooker peanut chicken and broccoli
- stuffed pepper soup
- pork carnitas
- skirt steak with truffle oil frites
- chicken bowl with roasted veggies and cauliflower rice
- chicken and dumplings soup
- grilled cheese and tomato bisque soup
- pasta with fresh tomato basil sauce and meatballs (my favorite way to eat pasta!)
BREAKFAST, LUNCH + SNACK IDEAS
- bananas + peanut butter pinwheels
- monster mouths (with marshmallows or nuts for teeth)
- egg + cheese tacos or omelettes
- mango protein shake (frozen mango + pineapple, almond or coconut milk, ice and vanilla protein (this is our favorite kind — not chalky!)
- french toast + fruit kabobs (perfect for Valentines Day!)
- chicken salad pitas or lettuce cups
- fresh veggies with tzatziki dip!
Which recipe looks most appealing to you? I’m kinda curious about the chicken bowl with cauliflower rice.
Feel free to add more recipe ideas in the comments…
Love you guys!