‘Tis the season for lunchbox packing! Not that my kid’s lunches look this cute everyday during the school year, but I do try and make them extra special for the back to school season especially. I feel like it makes the transition easier for all of us. Then as the year goes on, anytime we get in a packed lunch or school rut, I’ll start adding special touches again. Chocolate covered or sprinkled anything and notes or stickers are always a hit.
Over the long weekend, while planning meals for the first week of school, I felt inspired to print some emoji and hashtag stickers to keep on hand. Download file and take a peek at what and how we’re packing for lunch this week, below.
LUNCHBOX No. 1
- Almond butter and banana sandwich
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Greek yogurt and sprinkles
- Answer to the joke: Because they would crack each other up :)
LUNCHBOX No. 2
- Bagel with cream cheese and cucumbers
- Salami bites
- Almonds and M&M’s
FAVORITE LUNCHBOX GEAR
- EasyLunchboxes – We’ve tried all different kinds of bento boxes but these are the best by far!
- Disposable Snack Cups – Been thinking of trying these reusable ones tho.
- Silicone Cups
- Cute Eye Food Picks
My kids start school tomorrow and I am dreading it. But if I had to pick a silver lining it would be that the kitchen won’t be in a constant state of eating, snacking, cooking and general mess. At least during school hours. So at the moment, packing lunches feel like a blessing. Ask me in a couple months though!
How do you feel about packing lunches?