Happy Monday guys! Feeling so behind for all the Valentine festivities happening tomorrow after a sinus cold I can’t seem to kick had me feeling all kinds of achey for most of Saturday and Sunday. But I’m on the mends today and thought I would share the only two things I managed to check off my to-do list this weekend. Some very delicious s’mores you can bake in the oven and a meal plan — both made with Heart Day in mind!
EASY OVEN BAKED S’MORES
10 minutes hands-on, 1 hour start to finish
- graham crackers
- regular sized marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- sprinkles (optional)
- parchment paper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Break graham crackers in half so they are squares and lay on prepped baking sheet. Place a marshmallow on each cracker and put in oven for 2 minutes.
- Now that the mallows are gooey, remove from oven and place a graham cracker on the top of each, pushing down gently so the mallow is smooshed between the crackers. Return to oven for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While waiting, place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time until melted — stirring in between.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, cut crackers/mallow squares in half so you have two rectangles.
- Dip cracker/mallow rectangles in melted chocolate and then sprinkles and return to baking sheet. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or so while chocolate sets then eat up! Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge… they taste so good chilled!
They didn’t last very long at our house, but would have made a very fun treat to package up and give to friends!
Now for some meal planning… Here’s what’s on the menu this week:
MONDAY | california cobb salad (wraps for the kids)
VALENTINE’S DAY | crockpot tomato basil soup with heart shaped grilled cheese dippers and oven baked s’mores for dessert (using recipe above)
WEDNESDAY | eat out or takeout (I’ve been craving thai food!)
THURSDAY | crockpot apricot chicken over rice with sliced veggies
FRIDAY | mini turkey burgers with fries and milkshakes, movie and sleepovers
SUNDAY | eat out or takeout
LUNCH | cookie cutter sandwiches, yogurt with sprinkles, chocolate covered or plain pretzels, strawberries, + edamame
SNACK | smoothie popsicles, yogurt parfaits, apples + peanut butter
Hope everyone is staying mostly germ-free and healthy ;| if that’s even a thing this time of year? Either way, here’s to a great week with your favorite love bugs!!!