Aside from the spiritual significance of Easter, fluffy bunnies and egg hunts are my absolute favorite parts of celebrating the holiday. However, my kids are terrified of grownup sized bunnies with neckties and baskets (who could blame them) so this year I figured we could make our own simple costume using card stock, headbands, and a little face paint. Hoping the ears will make it until our community egg hunt this Saturday! Keep reading for the how-to…
- 1 piece of card stock
- headband (or extra card stock to make one, like this)
- Fold card stock in half. Draw a floppy ear and cutout.
- Color in the inside of the ears.
- Fold the bottom of the ears up about an inch. Wrap around the headband and tape in place.
- Next, add some whiskers and a black nose. I tried using a black eyeliner pencil but it was difficult to get dark lines so I would suggest finding some face paint or even under eye black (like baseball players use!).
Ta-da, your done! So simple, right?
Can’t beat that side-eye action, LOL. Like, what are you trying to do to me, mama?
Lots of practice egg hunts and bunny ear wearing happening around our house this week… Can’t wait for the official festivities to begin!!!