The girls and I put together a little Holiday themed yoga (with lots of stretching) sequence and are so excited to share! I’ve mentioned a couple times (here + no. 11 here) that we use yoga to help all of us slowdown, wind-down and reconnect and with the hustle and bustle of Christmas and endless opportunities to consume sugar I figured we all could use some zen-ness!
Hopefully the names and moves make it easy to remember! A little description of each…
- GINGERBREAD HOUSE – a house pose with feet apart and hands together over your head to make a roof.
- CHRISTMAS TREE – same a the tree pose, hands together to make the top of the tree, and depending on level of difficulty and balance, place foot above or below your knee.
- STAR – feet apart and hands out at your side… then can’t resist doing some jumping jacks (slash elves).
- CANDY CANE – bend side to side to stretch!
- SNOW DOG – classic downward dog, but don’t forget to lift each leg and shake the snow off.
- MAKE COOKIES – stretch your legs and core by grabbing dough, rolling it out, then grabbing flour, cookie cutters, frosting and sprinkles as you turn to each side.
- REINDEER – gotta get ready to pull santa’s sleigh so stretch out that booty by pulling your knee to chest and then adding antlers with your hands, because you’re a reindeer, ha! :)
- SANTA’S SLEIGH – normally called the bow pose.
- SUGAR PLUM – we always finish by resting on our backs or stomaches… if it’s right before bedtime we’ll add some deep breaths and close our eyes, if not it always ends up in a pig pile!
What other poses or stretches could you give a Christmas-y name?
How do you guys like to slowdown during the holidays?