spring hasn’t exactly made it’s way to the pacific northwest yet, but the dose of sunshine i got in phoenix last week (i have pics to share from our trip tomorrow!) has put me in the mood for a lighter, fruitier breakfast menu.
yogurt parfaits seem to be hitting the spot so i thought i would share some topping inspiration. i also find that little eaters are extra happy anytime they get to customize their meal and the endless variations make them easy to serve all week for snack and dessert too.
add the fixings you know everyone will like to your shopping list or plan out some fun combos. honey or vanilla greek yogurt, berries, bananas, granola and cereal (for crunch) is always a hit at our house.
here are some other ideas to pair with your choice of yogurt:
- sliced kiwi, strawberries & cheerios
- raspberries, coconut flakes & cocoa krispies cereal
- broken graham crackers, lemon curd & coconut flakes (dessert)
- peaches, brown sugar & rolled oats
- diced apples, cinnamon & chopped walnuts
- warmed almond butter, banana & honey (if using plain yogurt)
- fresh berries & mini chocolate ships
layer ingredients and serve or set out fixings and let everyone build their own!
is there anything your craving now that spring is here!?
xo . rae