This year for our Christmas cards photos we got to stay in our jammies (YAY!)! Once our group photos were taken (I’ll share those tomorrow) I asked my main chick and photog Stacy to stay and snap a few of the fam enjoying breakkie together. Breakfast and mornings in general are wild around here but they are also my favorite time of day to share with this crew. We made cookie cutter pancakes — a new favorite since the kids can decorate them like they would sugar cookies and they are just as easy to make as regular pancakes. Here’s a peek at the outtakes. I’ll share the how-to below.
//As if I needed another reason to love Johan he’s a natural in the kitchen, especially when it comes to breakfast and pancakes so it was fitting to have him man the griddle.//
//Griffin is never far from the kitchen when there is cooking going on. He is also my PICKIEST eater which is totally ironic and encouraging in a way.//
COOKIE CUTTER PANCAKES
- Pancake batter (here is a homemade recipe!)
- Metal cookie cutters
- Griddle or skillet
- Cooking spray
- Toppings (whip cream, sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc.)
- Make batter a little bit thinner than usual.
- Spray cookie cutters with cooking spray and set in griddle or skillet over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 inch of batter into cookie cutters.
- Cook until top of pancake bubbles then carefully remove cookie cutters. We used tongs to do this. Flip pancake and cook until golden brown.
//Then decorate with whip cream, chocolate chips and sprinkles, like Tilly.//
//Or just completely cover with whip cream like Ozzie. Followed by more whip cream.//
Everyone loves pancakes. Adding toppings and festive shapes make them extra special. And like I mentioned, they are also easy to cook up if you are still needing an idea for breakfast Christmas morning!
(photos by Stacy Jacobsen)