I love how wardrobe options change with the seasons and get excited for cute spring and summer outfits, but the truth is that no matter the time of year, you’ll usually find me in some combination of t-shirt (or sweatshirt) and jeans. With all the denim and t-shirt options out there it’s an easy, effortless, cool-girl look and a total no-brainer for moms. Yet every once in awhile it starts to feel more like a style rutt than a style choice — especially after a long winter. If your go-to tee and jeans look is feeling more “blah” then “YAY!”, here’s a few ideas for making your uniform feel new again for spring!
- with a bandana/scarf in your hair, around your wrist or tied to a purse.
- a cute purse
- something fun on your feet — a little color, unexpected detail or pattern goes a longways!
- a bright lip.
- a smile, smothering someone with kisses, laughing out-loud or saying nice things.
- fun sunnies, like these heart ones.
- candy colored denim like these that are popping up everywhere!
- a cropped jacket or a blazer
- layered jewelry
- full-tuck into high-waisted pants… it’s the small style updates that can make things feel fresh and on purpose!
Pandas are just like us… not happy when you wake them up from their nap in a warm car. Even if it’s for a cake-pop date! They also miss their dress-up clothes when gone for a week! Love you so much Poppy.
Kissing my coffee lid probs doesn’t count as a no.5, but cream was one of the staples we forgot to grab at the store on our way home from the airport on Sunday so the affection is real… I was so excited to have that coffee in my hand!
Hopefully there’s a few good reminders or new ideas to try in the list above.
What’s your favorite t-shirt and jeans combo? Stripes and boyfriend jeans for me please! Also kind of excited to bring back the colored jeans.